Safe Shoes

  Last week was a very sad time for me. I finally did it, I said goodbye to my shoes with heels. Someone is going to be happy shopping at Goodwill in the near future.

I decided to do away with any future risk factors after slipping on linoleum flooring and breaking my kneecap. After fracturing my kneecap, I had to wear a splint and keep my knee immobilized for six weeks. It definetly had changed my way of life.

I don’t want to ever go through something like that again. The recovery from a knee fracture seemed to take forever, getting through the stiffness and learning to walk again. Putting up with a limp and walking slow and using a wheelchair at the very beginning then crutches and now a cane. The aches were horrible especially at night and they would wake me up. My plan is to avoid anything that might make me potentially slip or fall in the future.

I thought I was invincible and solid and had 100 years before I would ever fall and break any bones. I don’t even consider myself old. I haven’t even hit 40 yet!

So, anyway…. From now on I plan on wearing super comfortable no slip shoes for the rest of my life. Breaking my kneecap was a horrible experience for me. I hate being dependent on other people. I like being able to do things for myself. I'm just glad that I'm almost back to my normal self again.

I know those comfortable shoes aren’t always very fashionable or stylish, but I did find some Vionic shoes that I thought were cute and the Adidas Vigor 6  are super comfy


Helpful links for healthy bones:




Comments

Popular Posts