4th of July 2017

We had a wonderful 4th of July with friends and family. We prepped most of our food the day before since we invited over 20 people this year. Ed smoked two pork butts and Pork ribs, then we made 


our famous creamy potato salad. We boiled 15 lbs. of potatoes! When the party had ended, we had enough left for dinner the next day. All the food was great! Can't forget the deviled eggs on the side, we never have leftovers when we serve those. The Boston baked beans were also a hit (recipe at the bottom of this page). All gone!




Daisy and Piper wore matching bandanas for the 4th of July. Aren't my beagle girls adorable?



 For desert we had banana muffins. I found those little flags at the Dollar Tree and thought they made a nice addition to my 4th of July decor.


My Polish Pottery napkin holder matched the napkins I bought at the store.



4th of July is also my grandfathers birthday. Happy Birthday Opa!
The card is made using Stampin' Up die cuts and paper.


 Stampin





My attempt at decorating the outside with Kirstin's help.


How to keep my 4th of July Memories


Filling in these Photo Pocket Pages from Stampin' Up are fun. This makes scrapbooking so much easier. This was my first time filling in Photo Pocket Pages. If you are interested in these, they are available in my store for $7.50. Variety pack of 12 pages. 


















Boston Baked Beans


Ingredients

1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled                                          96 ounces baked beans, canned
2 green bell pepper, chopped                                                    2 medium onions, chopped
2 tablespoons prepared mustard                                              2 cups ketchup
2 cups barbecue sauce                                                               2 cups brown sugar, packed

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients in the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 8-12 hours or on High for 3- 4 hours.





Comments

Popular Posts