Recipes for my growing kids


One thing that I like to do for my children as they grow and leave home is to give them a copy of our favorite family recipes. I began collecting recipes after marrying my husband Ed in 2011. Coming together as one family and different taste buds was a chore. Foods I liked he didn’t like and things he liked we hadn’t tried. The first two years I just started writing down what everyone liked and if it passed the family test it went into our family cookbook. 



Every couple of years I have to update or edit recipes a little. Every once in a while we find something better and / or healthier. The older we get the more restrictions we have on our diet habits. Right now we are into the low carb and sometimes low oxylate diet. Our children enjoy getting a copy of the family recipe book and hopefully it reminds them of home while cooking their delicious meals. 

Comments

Popular Posts