Chair Covers for elementary school




In the elementary classroom we usually have the 23“ high chairs for Kindergarten and below. The 26“ chairs are used for 2nd grade - 4th grade. Today I am making chair covers for the smaller one. My goal is for it to fold a student’s water bottle so that they no longer tip over. 





The width of the smaller chair measured to about 11“. 

The larger chair measured approximately 13“ across. 

The height of the back approximately 11“ tall. 

The larger chair measured 13“ high. 


I decided to cut the width to 15“ since the side of the chairs had some width. 


I sewed down the seam which will be the top of the pocket. 


The pocket will measure 10“ high- which I hope will be large enough to hold a students water bottle. I sewed down the sides and then flipped it inside out. 


After flipping it inside out I sewed in a line to make it into two pockets. 


Sewed in edges for a clean crisp look. 





Cut the length of fabric to approximately 26“ before sewing in the sides. 












Comments

Popular Posts