Healthy Plan

My healthy chart

Follow me on twitter to watch my progress, https://twitter.com/SimplyStefStuff

Where to start is the difficult part. From researching and online sources they all agree that exercise is top priority in health and maintaining a healthy weight. 



The food you choose to eat is also vital to your overall health. I have tried various diet plans such as the Whole 30 and the Paleo unsuccessfully. When on these diets I lost almost 10 pounds in a month, but my grocery bill doubled in price. I felt as if I were punshing myself, staying away from normal food. It just wasn't feasable for my family and our way of life. The majority of the food didn't taste appetizing. I did however find a few recipes that worked for me such as the Cabbage Soup recipe, but the majority were a "no go". My family hated the diet I subjected them to and complained about it constantly. They wanted to go back to our normal diet.

One thing I realized while on the Whole 30 / Paleo diet is that I ate less because the food just wasn't as enjoyable. It took away many foods I would normally eat such as pizza, potatoes and pasta. All that I was allowed to eat was; meat, fruits, vegetables and nuts.

Most of my breakfast plans during my whole 30 diet was eggs everyday. Well according to the doctor if you have high cholesterol running in tge family egg yolks are not good for you. 

I decided the Whole 30 / Paleo diet wasn't for me and decided to concentrate on portion sizes instead and more exercise. 

I also completed the 23and Me health report and it stated that with exercise , less red meat and less saturated fats I should be able to maintain a healthy weight. 

I made myself a daily checklist using google docs and I am keeping a journal. At the end of each week I can check my progress. I also have an app that checks my steps per day and I can type in my daily calorie intake.

Here is a list of some of the goals:

Sleep 8 hours per night
Drink more water
Add calcium to my diet with yogurt & broccoli
Drink water 15 min. prior to each meal
No drinking during meals / wait 30min. after meals
Less red meat (no more then twice a week)
No eating after 6p.m 
Eat 5 green vegetables and/ or fruit per day
Eat breakfast
Exercise
Minimize saturated fat intake
Meatless Monday
Minimum 40 grams of protein per meal
No more then 35 grams of starch per meal


Click "here" to view the goal sheet, feel free to use it if you want. 
I also created a Pinterest Board on "Staying Fit Ideas".









Comments

Popular Posts