Good-bye Opa Schramke




  Opa Schramke passed away this evening. My mom just texted me about an hour ago. I called and informed my kids and made sure they are okay. I checked with other family members and told them to let me know if they need anything. 

  Today I am loosing a family member I‘ve know all my life. He was able to watch me grow into the woman I am today. He was a man of few words, but loved playing „Mensch Argere Dich Nicht“ with Oma Edith. As a kid a remember the long car rides from Heilbronn, Germany to Sinsheim, Germany. I would spend all my weekends with Opa and Oma as a Child. 

  Opa and I would watch TV mostly Sci-fi and sometimes „The Wheel of Fortune“. He was even a contestant on the show once. Opa and I would also play Gameboy for hours in the living room, mostly Tetris. Another great memory was that we both loved soup. When Oma wasn‘t home to cook for us we would have „Champion Creme Suppe“. It was one of our favorites. 







Opa and my mom

Opa at Yevonne‘s Highschool graduation 













Comments

Popular Posts