Fabric Salvage

For several years now, I have been collecting my selvedge edges from the quilts 🛏 I have made.
Why, because they were pretty and I just knew they would come in handy for something one day. 

I used many as ties in the garden 🐝🦋 for years (they are nice and strong) before I saw something on Facebook one day about using selvedge edges to make quilts, bags 🛍 potholders, anything really which gave me that lightbulb 💡 💡 moment.

A hunt in my scrap bin ( that one that only gets bigger, never smaller 🤣 ) gave me another idea for a quilt - scraps on one side, selvedge edges on the other. 

Fast forward a few years with the only brief for my quilt blocks - no colour matching out of said scrap bin - just grad and sew. One day I will have a completed quilt using scraps and salvaged. 

Not sure it’s “pretty” but it’s certainly “unique” and brings back many wonderful memories of many of the beautiful quilts I have made over the years.


Star string block

Scrappy Wreath
Other ideas seen on Pinterest:



Helpful link for strings - http://www.stripsandstrings.com/



Gift Ideas:




Comments

Popular Posts