Fall Quilt Project


Update: I’m making a fall quilt. I have a few things in mind. 

I would like each one of our kids and grandkids, and other family members who would like to join in to do at least one of the four options:


 Number 1: Write on a piece of white paper or light colored fabric what you are thankful for. If you choose to do it on white paper I can heat transfer it using the computer and transferring paper.  (I think). I can also collect digital forms for this choice. I prefer handwritten over typed. I believe it to be more meaningful that way. 


Option number 2: Use some fabric paint and press your handprint on fabric, or trace it with a permanent marker. 


Option 3: Trace your hand from some fabric you really like or something old that you don’t wear anymore. I prefer 100% cotton.


Option 4: Send me your recent fall pictures or make up your own combination or idea.



I’m planning on using all these parts in the inside of the quilt - making it a double sided quilt. Pumpkins will be on the other side. 

Also, if you have any gray, orange, black, turquoise, green or brown fabric scraps I might be able to sew them into the front with the pumpkins. I prefer 100% cotton, but I might be able to work with other. Minimum size of fabric should be 2.5 inches of fabric.

If possible I would like the item(s) sent or given to me before the end of November.

Anyway, let me know what you think and if you’re joining in? You know me and my crazy ideas. Lol. 
Love you!


It makes my heart happy that maybe one day (not any time soon) my kids will have a quilt made by me to always remember me by. I like to imagine so - anyway. 


I found this adorable picture on Pinterest and I think that I would like to replicate it. Not sure if my pumpkins will turn out like the ones pictured- but they may be close enough. I was thinking (me and my thinking gets in me trouble) how cute it would be to have everyone in my family write on the back of each square something they are thankful for. It could be called My Thankful Quilt, and I could put it in the guest bedroom every fall to look back upon. 

Lisascompassion.wordpress.com has a free pumpkin pattern available, maybe I will use that one?


I could also draw out pumpkin patterns on graph paper and see what I come up with?


I wonder what kinds of oranges I have in my fabric stash, or if I need to BUY (lol) more fabric?


Looks like I have some fabric, but are the colors the right shade? Do I want to stick to a scrappy gray background or do solid only? So many choices to make. 




What size squares should I use? 3“, 4“ or something else? I think my mind has become possessed with quilting thoughts. 






Here is what I have done so far:











I might make more than one quilt. I guess we will see what happens. 

Comments

  1. That’s a cool idea! Can’t wait to give it a try. I like the idea of the handprint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear back from my readers, please leave a message below:

Popular Posts