Texas Returning to Normal Weather

Trying to get back to normal after spending a week trying to stay warm. Wondering every night- if this is the night we are going to freeze to death. It was a horrible experience and wish it on no one. I thought that maybe I was just being sensitive- but others in my community feel the same way. Many of us still feel the stinging cold feeling in our bones, wondering if it’s returning again. Learning that our neighborhood was intentionally shut off to save on power is a disturbing feeling and will create a major distrust towards our city.

  People came together in our neighborhood and looked after each other. Our next door neighbors and friends probably saved our lives by giving us propane tanks and warm food. Some people like us couldn’t leave our homes due to pets, belongings or health reasons. We were told lies daily - no one knew this was going to take a week. I feel sad for the people who lost pets (fish, sugar glider and a dog). I didn’t know that having basic electricity is a handout. I learned that we do not matter and I feel this could have been handled differently.












Comments

Popular Posts