Sunday Reflection


  On occasion I see Estate sales pop up on my Facebook page and then I go and check out to see what they have. I must be a sentimental person because every time I go to one. I think about how sad it must have been for the family to loose there loved one. Going through the house you can see little glimpses of what life must have been like for them. Many of the ones around me are retired veterans and you can see little trinkets and memorabilia of places they’ve been. 
  The one I visited yesterday was definitely a quilter, I did end up finding her name in between some books I looked at and saw much of me in her. I feel like that if we had known each other, we could definitely be friends. She liked many of the same things as I. I found this three ring binder with pictures of every quilt she ever made with notes and sometimes pictures of the recipients. I was saddened to see that the family members didn’t keep it. 
  I didn’t have the heart to leave it- so I purchased her memory book for $4.00. I love the idea of organizing creations and keeping a binder of stuff created. I will treasure and care for it for her. Maybe only a quilter understands another quilter?
  I also thank her (MD) for the quilt frame, scrap fabrics and books that I found. They will now all become part of my collection in my sewing room. Maybe I’ll learn something new from her notes. 

Comments

Popular Posts