Ugly Quilt



Tonight's quilt. I had another bunch of odds and ends. So we have a queen "ugly" quilt. 

Note: the Ugly comment is a term we use for the beautiful quilts. We started to give these as wedding present and have a poem that goes with it. It's called The Ugly Quilt. 

The Ugly Quilt Poem - “Ugly Quilt
I am just an UGLY QUILT, as ugly as can be.
I am made from this and that, a patchwork you can see.
So take me with you I implore, to games, the beach, and more.
I love to keep you warm at night and camping I adore.
I am just an UGLY QUILT, so stains and dirt and such,
Are part of who I am you see, they surely can’t hurt much.
I am just an UGLY QUILT, but love me just the same.
I hope to serve you all your days, on blue sky days and grays.
So hold me tight with all your might, and soon you’ll surely see.
Your UGLY QUILT’s just right for you, as right and right can be.
We know how it is to not have an older blanket that you wouldn’t mind throwing on the ground. 
But this new “UGLY QUILT” was made just for that.
So Enjoy!
Best wishes now and always.

This is clever and the poem is cute and perfect. I’m in the process of starting to put my crazy quilt down on paper. 

Links:

Comments

Popular Posts