Thomas Wedding Quilt



  I finally gifted Kirstin and Chase the completed wedding quilt. It was my first time making one. Of course as a quilter you can see all the mistakes made along the process- some of the writing got cut off due to being to close to the edge. If I were to make one of these again innige future- I now know to make a template for people to know where to sign. 

  Kirstin absolutely loved it! She cried tears of joy and stated how much more she liked the idea of the wedding quilt over a wedding album. I am so happy to be able to give her this meaningful gift- hopefully the writing and signatures don’t fade away, but if they do it will still be a cool quilt. 



  Kirstin picked the colors based on her wedding colors and I think it turned out great. I already had those colors/ fabrics in my stash and didn’t have to go out and buy new fabric. I was very proud of myself for using stuff I had. 



  At the wedding I set up a cute little box with fabric squares for everyone to sign. Some people just signed their name and others left little quotes or advice. 


 
  Once I got home I laid them all out to create a pattern. Next time I would create blanks around the perimeter to avoid cut offs. 












  The binding was the last step to complete. My husband took a picture of me working on it. 

  When the panel was completed my awesome husband Ed took a picture for me. The I layered it, had it quilted and then I did the binding. 




















Links:









Comments

Popular Posts