Fidget Blanket Block 3 - Kangaroo Pocket


Block three out of 23 will be a pocket. Oma‘s (grandmas) hands are always cold and I want to make sure she can keep them warm. This block will be a larger than the other blocks. I measured it at 6“ x 12“. 





Cut two pieces of fabric using the Kangaroo pocket pattern. 

*I went ahead and drew out the pattern if you would like to use it. Just right Click and Save to your photos, then print from your phone or other device. 

Sew sides together and then flip inside out using the opening. 




I forgot to use a soft fabric on the inside- so I decided to sew in a rectangular piece of felt. Not what I originally intended, but I think it will work. 


When making fidget blankets it gives the perfect opportunity to experiment with different stitches on your machine. 


I wanted to try out the wavy pattern and ended up liking it quite well. 


Here is a picture of my machine just incase you wanted to know. I bought it at Walmart last year at a reasonable price. 




Then I pinned the pocket in place and sewed down the straight lines leaving the pocket area open. 








Added a small birdie to place inside the pocket. 



Fun little pocket to hide things in, see the completed blanket "here". 

It’s called the long goodbye. 😢
Rapidly shrinking brain is how a doctor described it. I wouldn't wish Dementia or Alzheimer's on anyone. As the patient's brain slowly dies, they change physically and eventually forget who their loved ones are. Patients can eventually become bedridden, unable to move & unable to eat or drink.
There will be people who will scroll by this message because Dementia or Alzheimer's has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a loved one who has fought a battle against Dementia or Alzheimer's.
In an effort to raise awareness of this cruel disease, I would appreciate it if my friends could put this on your timeline.  My grandmother (Oma) has been fighting this horrible disease  for a year now. 
Thank you! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍🤎💔
#ChallengeAccepted #FacebookChallenge

Links:

Comments

Popular Posts