Found new DNA connections



My results:


  Gedmatch.com has this really cool option where you can compare your DNA to many different DNA’s or if you want to compare one to one you can also do that. Today, I used the one to one matching tool to see if any of the 15 DNA accounts that I manage for friends and family have any common ancestors. Today I learned that I am approximately a 7th cousin to my step-daughters (through their mother’s side). Matching trees and connecting DNA matches you realize just how small our world is. Somehow everyone I connect with (through ancestry.com or 23&me) ends up having roots in Michigan. I narrowed down that our common ancestor had to come from my grandmother Beatrice Batchelder’s family tree line, since they were also a DNA match to her. Our next step is trying to figure out who the exact ancestor was about 7 generations ago. I love making new discoveries. 

Other links:

Blood types

Comments

Popular Posts