Fabric Floral Wall Art Process



  First, I spent a day or two painting 5” blocks using the “Gelli Print Method” - it took longer then I had expected, also because some of the colors weren’t turning out the way I wanted them too. My super awesome husband took me to Walmart (because I didn’t want to go by myself) after he got off work and I was able to purchase some more blue acrylic colors. 





After laying out the squares I sewed them together in rows of threes. 







While ironing I had to use parchment paper due to the paint. The paint was not iron friendly- so the parchment paper helped. 

 Panel all sewn together. 



Drew some stems on green fabric using fabric chalk


The pieces were to thick - so I cut off the leaves and cut the stems in half and placed them on the panel. 

  
Then I had to choose what thread to use- this thread was given to me by my Oma Hildegard Malkusch. Nice to still have a little piece of her around. I decided on the lighter shade. After sewing on the stems I added the leaves using different stitches from my Simple Singer Sewing Machine that I purchased from my local Walmart store. 

After adding the stems, I glued on the petals using a little bit of Elmer’s glue. 

Then I sewed on the petals using different stitches 

Find similar designs in my shop "here"


Wildflowers Slide



More varieties below;










Buy Flower Art “here”

 Information

Shop

Contact Me

 

Categories

Fabrics

Kits

Scraps

View All

 

Contact Me

Texas

Google Form

WhatsApp

 

Follow Me

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

TikTok

Snapchat

Spoonflower

YouTube


I enjoy sharing my love of stamping, teaching and genealogy with you.  If you use an idea you have seen here on my site, please spread the love and refer to where you have seen it on my blog. 

 








Comments

  1. They all look great, but you won’t ever be able to wash the fabric correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used fabric paint, so I believe that it will be safe to wash on a light cycle. It might fade after a few washes - that is possible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear back from my readers, please leave a message below:

Popular Posts