DIY Painted tote bag



Painted tote bag using the „Gelli print method “.

I had a few 5“squares left from my previous Wall Art project and decided to make a tote bag with the rest. 

After laying them out - I sewed them all together. 

Added a blue strip to the top. Approximately 2-3“thick. 

Added batting behind the sewn fabric. 

Place foliage and add leaves using green fabric. 

Pin in place. 

Top stitch foliage. 

Complete top stitch on greenery- I like to experiment with different stitches. 

See the lining to the front top only- then flip and sew right edge to the left edge. Close the bottom of bag starting in center, then sewing the sides. 

Flip inside out

Sew straps next


Sew 5“ squares together- fold in half, sew right sides together. Then flip inside out. 



Sew two decorative stitches on each side. I didn’t add batting inside my strips- but you can. 



Links:

Comments

Popular Posts