Charm Quilt with Melissa

Today is the day I begin making a charm quilt with Melissa. Melissa would like to sew and wants someone to show her the basics. I told her that I can do that- but that I am also still learning myself. I am nowhere an expert and consider myself a novice quilter despite having completed three quilts so far. They however are not error less. A lot of time and thought went into each one of my quilts. I know that they aren’t perfect- but for me they work. With time and practice I will learn and maybe one day make a perfect quilt- if that is a thing. 

Pictured is some of the fabric I decided to use:

This one will make a nice boy quilt. We decided for Melissas first practice quilt we would start with 5” charms



Since I plan on making a small Twin size quilt I had to cut 30 of my 10” fabric blocks into 4’s in order to make 120 5” blocks. 


Charm strips for the sew & flip method. 

Links:
Fictional Stories

Comments

Popular Posts