Ancestry / Genealogy Family Research

 


Family Genealogist

  GEDMatch.com is my genealogy topic for today. Genealogy is such a fascinating topic! I could talk about it all day long. I have always been a people person from a very young age and always wanted to learn more about people and where they came from, their cultures, why people act the way they do (nature vs. nurture) etc.

  Let me get back to my topic…. GEDMatch.com has been a helpful research tool. I love that it is FREE! It doesn’t cost a dime. GEDmatch is volunteer-run website for people who have already tested their autosomal DNA for genealogical purposes at AncestryDNA, 23andMe, Family Tree DNA, MyHeritage DNA, and some other programs.

  I myself have used AncestryDNA, 23andMe and Family Tree DNA. According to 23 & Me I’m 99% European. Here is my French & German breakdown- which I thought was interesting:

23&Me

I have found them all very helpful in different ways. (It just depends on what you are looking for) I highly recommend that after you complete your DNA testing on whatever chosen website / program, download your RAW DNA and upload it into GEDmatch for free. It’s another way to find more matches. Not everyone uses the same DNA provider you do and GEDmatchis a great place for everyone to get together. Discover more relatives that you may not have known about.

  Not long ago, I had a 4th cousin contact me from Scotland, we were able to narrow down how we were connected and I made a new friend. It’s like putting together a puzzle one piece at a time.

Are you interested in ancestry research? What would you like to know more about? Leave me a comment below and I will try my best to help you. I look forward to reading your comments.


Do you need help with your research? Contact me "here".




How many great-grandparents does a person have? click "here" to find out.

Links:
Four Generations
Hapla Group
Hildegard Malkusch
DNA Health report
Florence Hinckley Mohler


The content in my blog is the sole responsibility of Stefanie Seaver as a teacher, genealogist and so much more…. The use of content, classes, services, or products offered on this blog is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!


 Information

Shop

Contact Me

 

Categories

Fabrics

Kits

Scraps

View All

 

Contact Me

Texas

Google Form

WhatsApp

 

Follow Me

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

TikTok

Snapchat

Spoonflower

YouTube


Blog Disclosure "here". I enjoy sharing my love of stamping, teaching and genealogy with you.  If you use an idea, you have seen here on my site, please spread the love and refer to where you have seen it on my blog. 







Comments

Popular Posts