T-Shirt Quilt Summer Project






  My daughter Kirstin dropped off a bag of shirts and kindly asked me to make her a T-shirt quilt. These are all shirts from her previous job a Whataburger -which she loved. Now she has a new job that she also loves. 

(Not sure what is going on with my blog right now - but my photos have been disappearing for some reason?)

The original Lay-out idea isn’t going to work- here is a rough estimate of my new layout. 


Using the other T-shirt parts for borders. My plan is to use as much as the original shirt material as possible. 



Ironing and opening seams- spent 3-4 hours working on that today.

Took a break and then continued sewing on borders around the T-shirts, still working on those Lay-out ideas. 


Completed row one by adding a decorative edging
TikTok part 3 video

Completed two more rows - re-arranged it all again…

Added a few fun patterns in between… was actually fun!!
See „TikTok Part 4 video“ :) 

Row 4 is almost complete;
Adding flying geese to the end of the shorter row
Visited my local quilt shop „A Dash of Southern Charm "and found some blue fabric to match the quilt in progress. 

Put together front panel


Sandwich front panel, batting and the back.

March 2024 I had the opportunity to show off my work at our local quilt guild in Harker Heights, Texas. My first time showing off my hard work. Next, it will get delivered to my daughter Kirstin. 



If you would like to have a T-shirt quilt, click "here" or send me a message below.



Links:
fusible interfacing

Comments

Popular Posts