How I am lucky to be here today


I was born in Heilbronn, so was my mom and her mother. When hearing about the war from my Oma and reading German stories from that time - it gives you goose bumps.  I feel very fortunate to be standing here today, so many lives were lost in such a short time period (So many blood relatives). My grandmothers immediate and extended family were wiped away in one day. She had to deal with so much trauma and yet stands strong today at the age of 93. She knew what it was like to go hungry and to this day will make sure that people eat. Sometimes feeding us too much food, but that is how she shows her love and that she cares. Despise the hardships she dealt with, she was still able to manage being a wonderful, caring Oma to me and a Uhroma (great grandmother) to my children. I admire her strength and will power - she is not a women that gives up easily. 

See the article "here".


Comments

Popular Posts