Things I want to try in 2020

For the year 2020. I would like to challenge you to join me.  Pick something you would like to accomplish this year, whether it be a quilt, writing Poetry, reading a good book, some crafty handwork.  Whatever it is that will make your heart smile each day as you make progress.  Something that you will look forward to coming to each day.  As for me, I have chosen to  work on the bear claw (remembrance) quilt for my husband. 

I would like to make a quilt designed by Katherine Kerr. I would like to at least get halfway through the challenge for 2020 if not all the way. 

Participate in a BOM (Block of the month) challenge.

Complete the remembrance quilt I started in 2019 for my hubby using the bear paw pattern. 

Make a white and turquoise bear paw pattern throw. 

  One of my favorite blocks right now is the Bear‘s Paw.
Bear's Paw block is known by a whole slew of other names including:  Bear's Foot, Chinese Block Pattern, Duck's Foot in the Mud, Hand of Friendship, Tea Leaf Design, The Best Friend, Cat's Paw, Small Hand, and Illinois Turkey Tracks. Whew! That's a lot!

  I plan on posting a monthly calendar of what I‘m up to, feel free to participate along with me. I can not post the patterns from the two challenges mentioned above, but I can give you the names of the patterns or the link to the site. I‘m really just doing this for extra practice and probably won‘t be able to keep up with it (but I will try my best). I do however love to see newly created blocks and patterns. Please, please, please share your pictures with me on my FACEBOOK page.

  While school is in session I won‘t be able to do these - except on weekends and holidays. I‘ll try to post resources of where you can find these patterns without having to spend money. The internet is full of free resources and videos. I might even change the size or pattern myself as I take on this challenge. 



Other crafty creations by me:
Needle book

Comments

Popular Posts