Face Mask Pattern





 If you are able please consider making masks to donate to care/medical centers in your area such as the Honey Bee Quilt Store in Austin. (I’m going to Austin in a couple of weeks and can drop them off if needed) If you are unable to leave the house consider contacting someone where you wish to donate to see if they can pick up what you've made or to see if you can have UPS do a pick up to ship. Lots of medical staff are now using them over their surgical masks for added protection. 

 The CDC recommendation was 100% high thread-count cotton, machine washed and dried to shrink it and pull the weave even closer together. They recommended two layers of cotton. They did not say anything about a filter layer. They did say to make the outside fabric and inside fabric different so people do not accidentally flip a dirty mask towards their face. 

 Pipe cleaners have been used in place of metal bands and most folks are prewashing the fabric. I've attached pictures of a simple patter/instructions. Thank you to all and stay safe and remember we are in this together! 



The best material for making masks "here"

 Sweet N’ Sassy mask video “here”, this is the one I liked best to start out with along with the PDF she provides. It’s almost two hours long , but she walks you through the whole thing. She also has a Facebook page “here”. Here is a link to one of her face masks made “here”. Here is what I made using her pattern "here".




My husband wasn’t a fan of the rectangular mask design and requested I make one like my aunt Kerry had made for her bus and (my uncle). I asked her where I could find the pattern she used and she messaged me “Craftpassion.com”. I was a little intimidated with this pattern, but I made 5 last night and they turned out pretty good. 







Video on resources needed for mask:



PDF for free pattern (easy for beginners) "here"





How to wear and remove 

If you are making masks with elastic, you only need 7” per side. 

My letter to you “here

Current drop off locations are North Honey Bee Quilt Store and south Austin Gift Company anyone else can message me for pick up or mail.




For sale:
order here
My adorable Oma Hildegard modeling one of the masks I made her. 




Comments

Popular Posts