Quilter's Reflection June 2023

 


  Today I was trying to figure out how many projects I have started or currently working on / partly started. During the school year I don’t have much time for my crafting hobbies – so I put most of it on hold for slow weekends or for break times. I didn’t realize how they were piling up. Here I am supposed to take it easy during summer, then I think about all the projects I need to finish. There is no way I’ll get them all done this summer. I guess- they will just get done – when they get done. 


  I could definitely not go into business doing this stuff. My attention span – just can’t handle one project at a time – I get bored and have to hop to the next project, or I get afraid that I will forget this super awesome idea – and must get started right away! Maybe I have a problem? lol.

 

Here is a list of my current projects, incomplete projects and projects on hold:

1. Michelle’s Bear Claw Quilt

2. Star Scrappy Quilt

3. Diamonds are forever Scrappy Quilt

4. Kirstin’s T-shirt Quilt

5. Gray Fall Quilt

6. Skull Quilt

7. 365 Quilt Challenge

8. i-Spy Quilt

9. Chair / Box Make-over

10. Mom’s Painting

11. Make my own soap

12. Epoxy Experiment making coasters

13. 9-Patch

14. Ladder Quilt

15. Nicole's Quilt

16. Color‘s of the Rainbow Quilt

17. Hunter’s Star Quilt

18. Star Blocks Quilt

19. Hexies & Hexie Pin cushion 

  In the quilting world unfinished projects are called UFO’s (Unfinished Objects). I obviously have a bunch of those – and really need to get a few off my list. Let’s not count all those other projects that I’m saving on my Pinterest board titled; “Weekend Projects”. I already scheduled one day a month (1st Saturday) for my unfinished quilt blocks. Maybe, typing them up in this blog and adding them to my to-do list might help? How are you doing with your projects? Do you have a way of staying on task and getting them done? Do you get bored easily with repetitive patterns and have to move to something else? Do you maybe overthink things like I do and just set them aside for later? Let me know in the comments, I would love to hear from you.

 

 Information

Shop

Contact Me

 

Categories

Fabrics

Kits

Scraps

View All

 

Contact Me

Texas

Google Form

WhatsApp

 

Follow Me

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

TikTok

Snapchat

Spoonflower

YouTube

 

I enjoy sharing my love of stamping, teaching and genealogy with you.  If you use an idea, you have seen here on my site, please spread the love and refer to where you have seen it on my blog. 

 

Links:

Color‘s of the Rainbow 
Hunter’s Star Quilt
Star Blocks

Comments

Popular Posts