Meatless Monday

Welcome to Meatless Monday!







 Meatless Monday




What is Meatless Monday?


  Meatless Monday is a day you go without eating meat and making an important contribution to the environment.

Why Meatless Monday?


  I find the idea of meatless Monday attractive. My husband not so much -  but, maybe I will get him to come around  - one day. I have found that we are overdosing on meat and not enough fruits and vegetables are being consumed. The meatless Monday goal will help my family and I eat more fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains and nuts. I want to a healthier diet and lose weight that is realistic to our living and affordable. Multiple studies have shown that meat-laden diets increase the risk of stroke, heart disease and obesity. My own doctor encouraged me to eat less red meat. Meatless Monday has many benefits such as less saturated fats.

Meal Idea:



Breakfast- 1 glass water 15 min. before meal, peanut butter and banana toast, banana strawberry smoothie (LiveSmart#786 Schwans)




Snack – Bananas fried in coconut oil and glazed with honey & water, on top of vanilla ice cream




Dinner- 1 glass water 15 min. before meal, Spinach, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and Grands biscuits




Check out "My Healthy Plan".
More Meatless Monday "here"

All content, including text, photographs, and design are © Stefanie Seaver, unless otherwise posted. Content posted on this site is for personal use and should not be copied or published without written permission

Comments

Popular Posts